Tuesday 8 March 2011

Experimenting With Type

I have began to looks at different ways of creating type for the poster. I was really inspired by some of the examples that I have looked at during research. Below you can see a technique which I came across earlier. I have cut letters out of white paper and then screwed them up into small balls. I then unscrewed these which revealed a nice textural effect. The type was based on an impact style font because I found that alot of the advertising for GF Smith contains very bold simple fonts.



I then experimented with using stencils. I really like the simplicity of both these examples but as it doesnt really relate to paper in any way I am unsire whether it would be suitable.


As I liked the use of brown paper before I have decided to use it again by placing a stencil over the top.





Just experimenting with changing the colours behind the stencil. I prefer the brown paper as it has a most textural look.

No comments:

Post a Comment