Monday 7 March 2011

Creating Letters from Paper

I started to research various ways people to create letter forms using paper. I thought this may be a interesting way to create the type aspect of the poster. I especially like the example below where the paper has been creased and then layed out. I think this works well with along with the bold lettering.


I also like the folding techniques used on this example. I like the angles found in the letters and this could work well with the images of my final paper model this is also very angular.


This simple design is also interesting but it wouldnt work aswell in a final poster as I dont think the type is as easy to read as the other examples I have looked at. I struggled to read what this actually said and I am still unsure of what a few of the words say. This technique would not be suitable as the viewer would struggle to understand what the poster was advertising. However I could experiment using a similar technique but ensuring that the letters are clearer.

This is a very simple idea but effective. The paper has just been screwed up and bent and arranged into the shapes of letters. It looks as if the paper used was from a magazine or newspaper and I like how you can randomly see various colours in some of the letters.


I picked a few images where you can see how paper works really effectively.


No comments:

Post a Comment