Sunday 13 March 2011

Constructing Final Model For Task 1

I have chosen the model which I will be using for my final piece. I started by making each section and I needed 60 pieces for each model. I thought 3 models would be suitable so that they can be hung similar to the way in which planets are displayed.


These are the pieces which are put together to make the model.


From experimentation throughout the project I knew that I would need to also add some glue to the slotted sections as it was previously not strong enough to be hung. These photo shows how each section is fitted together.

This is one finished section. Each pentagon that I create as to be surrounded by five hexagons.


This is the model when it is nearly finished. Adding the glue has made the model a lot stronger and it can now be hung successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment