Saturday 9 April 2011

Workshops

During the project so far I have attended a number of different workshops to help with the development of my animation. I really enjoyed the rayogram workshops but I don't think that this technique will be suitable for the animation that I am aiming to achieve. I also enjoyed the stop motion workshop where we used 3D objects and created a small animation. I would like the experiment with this technique further. Here is the animation that my group created in the stop motion workshop. Sorry for the bad quality!



I also atteneded a workshop where we looked at a more taditional animation technique, cel animation where each frame is drawn by hand. At this stage of the project I think this would be the most suitable technique for the kind of outcome I am looking for. There were also a few workshops held where I learnt some of the basic after effects skills. However I saved some of the small examples which I had been playing with and saved them wrong so when I came to add them to this blog there weren't any images, just multicoloured squares. Still need to get hang of these after effects skills I think! Once I'd had some more practice I realised that using cel animation and adding the drawings into after effects wasn't that confusing and decided that this was the technique that I will be using for my final animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment