Monday 14 February 2011

Sweeney Workshop

I have attended a number of workshops ran by Richard Sweeney where I have gained some skills which will really help me throughout this project. The first workshop wasn't very successful as I couldn't get to grips with working with paper. Here are a few photos of the pieces which I didn't think were very successful.




The more I have practiced in my own time I have begun to master some of the skills which I need to begin to create forms which relate to flowers. Here are some of the pieces which I have created in the later workshops.








This I really liked working with all of these pleating methods and I think some of the outcomes look really good once they have been photographed. However as I have already decided to focus on flowers I am unsure whether these methods are suitable. I have aimed to get a more organic look from my models but as I work through the project this may change and this method may become useful. I did produce one model shown above which looks like a leaf. This shows this method can work in some ways so I will consider this technique if I feel it is appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment