Thursday 24 February 2011

Experimenting With Flower Balls - Task 1

I have started to create models which fit together in a ball form. I found this example and experimented with creating my own. I like the angles in this model but I dont think it really relates to the flower repitition which I have been focusing on. The red and white model is also similar. I think it relates to my subject a little bit more as I used pentagon and hexagon shapes which I noticed in one of my more organic models at the beginning of the project.




I think the model below is one of the most successful designs so far. I think this looks more organic which I quite like. I was pleased with the outcome of this model but as I didnt use any glue and just linked each section together as it was very delicate. This means if I left it like this it wouldnt be able to be hung as the brief states. As I really like this model I am considering fixing it together again but adding glue into the linked sections. I think this will make it strong enough to be hung. The other image shows the inside of this model which I also think looks quite effective.



I looked at using a different colour of paper in this model. I used the exact same technique to produce this as the model above. I just used a square piece of paper instead of a triangle. I prefer the model where you can see inside as I think this has a more flower like quality.


I again decided to experiment with a different colour of paper. I think this is another successful model but I wanted a more natural organic feel to my final model which I dont think this shows. As I really like this design I am considering using and developing it for Task 2 and displaying it on the poster. I think this may work well as the angles seen in this model could work well with the text that needs to be included in the poster.  

No comments:

Post a Comment