Tuesday 3 May 2011

Adding Colour

After designing my background I added colour to it using photoshop. I like the simplicity of the background design and I think it goes well with the character I will be using. I have decided not to use the clouds which I put in in the origanal background design. As I have never done animation before I decided to keep the different aspects of the scenes and characters as simple as possible to ensure that I will be able to finish the final animation in time for the deadline.


The second main scene will take place on this background. This scene appears in the girls dream so as scenes in dreams are sometimes simple I chose this basic layout.


This is the main girl character which will be seen throughout the entire animation.


In the first scene a pair of love birds fly over head and the girl watches them as they land on the tree. I chose two very different colours to show that one is male and one is female.


This is the boy character which is only apart of the animation in the last scene. He will  be waiting in the dream as she falls back down to earth. I chose the use this dark teal colour on this character to show his gender. I didn't use the traditional blue colour as there is a lot of sky in this scene which is also a shade of blue.



In one of the scenes the girl character is crying. Origananlly I left her heart and tears white but have no decided to add colour into them, making the heart red and the tears blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment